Terms & Conditions
This website is operated by Complementary Therapy Courses Ltd.
The Terms and Conditions set out below govern all areas of the website. If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions please do not use our website.
CTC is an online marketplace for complementary therapy courses to be sold by course providers to potential students.
Whether you are a Course Provider or Customer you acknowledge and agree to the accuracy of content added to this website and accordingly, you agree and acknowledge that CTC does not make any representation or endorsement about the courses listed or give any warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility or accuracy.
Registration on our website as a member is free.
Our website can be visited by any visitor. However to book a course, add a review or list a course you must register as a member. By registering as a member you confirm that:
- You are over 16 years of age
- All information you provide about yourself and/or your organisation is true
- You meet all of the prerequisites required by the course provider for every course that you book
- The username and password created for use on this website will be kept confidential by you and you will not permit anyone else to use it – you are responsible for logging out of your member account.
- You will not use our website to make or encourage / incite derogatory; inflammatory; threatening nor abusive comments directly nor indirectly
- You will use our website in accordance with UK law and the law pertaining to the jurisdiction within which you are at that point in time
Your use of our website
As the user you agree that you are responsible for all content that you add or upload to this website.
As the user, you must ensure that all content including text, images, photographs, artwork, logos and any other materials that you post or upload:
- does not infringe any third party’s Intellectual Property Rights – this means that none of the above should hold a third party’s copyright, registered trade mark, or any other intellectual property rights worldwide.
- Is not sexually or racially offensive or discriminating
- Is not threatening, obscene, offensive, illegal, pornographic or misleading
- Does not breach any law
If you are aware that another user has posted content that contravenes our T&C you agree to notify us immediately
As the user you agree that you will not use our website either with current nor future technological advancements:
- To collect another members information to send spam, junk mail, advertisements or to threaten or harass in any way.
- To impersonate another member nor anyone else
- To collect another members information for any commercial use whatsoever
- You understand and agree that we do not guarantee the accuracy, relevancy or completeness of any information in or provided on or from our website. We are not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information. Our website is provided for the general information of the general public.
- Your use and participation in our website and services are solely at your own risk. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from our website shall create any warranty not expressly made in these terms or imposed by law.
- We make no warranty that our website will meet your requirements, or that access to our website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free; nor do we make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of our website.
- You understand and agree that we do not guarantee the accuracy, relevancy or completeness of any information in or provided on our website. We are not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information – any disputes arising from such circumstances are between the course provider and the student.
- Your use and participation in our website and services are solely at your own risk. No advice or information obtained by you from our website shall create any warranty not expressly made in these terms or imposed by law.
- We make no guarantee that our website will meet your requirements, or that access to our website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free; nor do we make any guarantee as to the results that may be obtained from the use of our website.
Content posted to this website will be reviewed by Complementary Therapy Courses Ltd and whilst we aim to remove any content that breaches our Terms and Conditions we are not responsible in any way for any content.
As a user you agree that you may be exposed to content that may be deemed offensive and in breach of our Terms & Conditions and that in these circumstances you will contact us in writing to report your concerns. We will investigate every report and take appropriate action
Any content deemed to be in breach of our Terms and Conditions will be removed immediately and if appropriate we reserve the right to remove you as a member and prevent you from re-joining.
All courses listed must be independently accredited by a recognised professional association and/or are certificated by a recognised Awarding Organisation.
Course Reviews: must be a true and fair view of the course attended and must not contain any offensive or abusive language whatsoever. Where a review is deemed unfair, abusive, inflammatory or offensive CTC reserves the right to refuse publication.
By posting courses on the CTC website course providers accept and agree that the terms stated are at least as favourable as those granted by the course provider on their own website or any other site or platform which they use to advertise their courses.
Course providers must not seek to circumvent either or both the purchasing or enquiry facilities on CTC by inserting links to a direct booking facility on their own website.
By accepting our T&C you wholly and unconditionally agree that any disputes with third parties and howsoever caused are entirely the responsibility of the client. CTC will not be responsible for any matters of dispute between the course provider and any customer unless CTC is deemed directly responsible in a court of law
By accepting our T&C you agree and accept that CTC will not at any stage enter into nor be requested to enter into any arbitration; consultation; discussion directly; indirectly nor via a third party if any such dispute arises howsoever caused. CTC is a third party in this relationship and will not engage in any correspondence nor communication between the Client and customers; students; legal representatives; tutors nor anyone else
CTC operates its online electronic payments using Sagepay. Sensitive personal data such as credit or debit card information and bank account information will not be stored or retained by CTC.
CTC refers the right to change its online merchant provider at any time.
CTC’s fees and prices are non-negotiable and are accepted by you at the point of first use.
CTC will charge course providers’ commission/booking fee for each course place sold on the CTC website and this commission will take the form of the course deposit.
The commission/booking fee is not fixed and may change periodically – it is your responsibility to check the rate each time a new course is submitted.
CTC will from time to time offer discounts and run promotions; these discounts and promotions will be funded by CTC and will not in any way affect the remaining course fee payable to the course provider.
CTC is not VAT registered and so the deposits payable will not incur any VAT charges.
The fee / payment charged by CTC to any person wishing to purchase a course advertised is regarded as the course deposit. The course deposit constitutes our booking fee/commission for selling a course place to a customer and is not payable in any part to the course provider. On completion of this transaction CTC’s involvement in the sale of the course place ceases. The remainder of the course fee is payable by the student to the course provider and does not in any way involve CTC.
By agreeing to our T&C’s you agree the deposit will be retained by CTC in its entirety as payment for services provided as per our T&C’s
In the event that a course provider refunds all or any part of the cost of a course to the Customer, CTC will not refund the deposit. However, in certain circumstances, at the discretion of CTC, consideration may be given to refunding the deposit. Each request for a refund of this nature should be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
By agreeing to our T&C’s you agree that the deposit taken by CTC will not form any part of any remuneration or refund between you (the client) and the student / customer or any third party.
By agreeing to our T&C’s you agree to the value of the deposit as being our commission/booking fee for marketing and selling one student place on one of the advertised courses. A deposit will be paid to CTC for each and every student place sold by CTC on behalf of the course provider.
Deposits cannot be transferred between different courses nor different suppliers
By agreeing to our T&C’s you accept that any / all payments to CTC are non-recoverable as part of any bankruptcy or liquidation process
Intellectual Property Rights
By agreeing to our T&C you agree that our website and all content contained in it is protected by Intellectual Property Rights that either belong to or are licensed to us.
You acquire no proprietary interest in our website or content provided by us or others and may not use them in any way except as expressly permitted by these T&C’s
You may view, print, download or temporarily store such content for your personal, non-commercial reference without alteration, addition or deletion. You may not otherwise copy, reproduce, retransmit, distribute, publish, quote, promote, use in an educational situation, refer to in any sort of private or public environment or gathering, commercially exploit or otherwise transfer such content using current recognised nor future technologies. You acknowledge that you will not acquire any Intellectual Property Rights by downloading or otherwise using any such content.
By submitting content to our website you agree in advance that:
- you grant CTC complete royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and licence to use, reproduce, store, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and communicate to the public such content; and
- you are authorising CTC to adapt such content and you agree to waive your moral rights to object to any derogatory treatment, or to be identified as the author, to receive credit for any of the material in question.
We have the right in our absolute discretion to remove, suspend or refuse any content without notice, whether or not we consider that the content is objectionable or violates these terms or for any other reason. We absolutely reserve the right to decide whether or not to enter into any discussion; debate or dialogue and if we decide against such we reserve the right not to provide any feedback
We may preserve or disclose the content and your personal details as well as any content to any third party if such disclosure is necessary:
- for the purpose of maintaining our website;
- by law; or
- to respond to claims that our website infringes or restricts the right of any party
- if we perceive a criminal offence has been or may have been committed and we decide there is a need to notify the legal authorities who has jurisdiction wherever that may be in the world
We may suspend or terminate your access to our website at any time if you breach any of these terms. We absolutely reserve the right to decide whether or not to undertake this action without entering into any discussion; debate or dialogue and if we decide against such we reserve the right not to provide any feedback
Cancellation of CTC membership
Course providers or students who wish to cancel their membership should send an email requesting cancellation to email@example.com
CTC will endeavour to remove the Course providers or students details from the CTC website within 10 business days of receipt of the request.
Limitation of Liability
Except as required by Law, we will not be liable for any direct losses or damages whatsoever arising (including negligence) for any reason.
When you become a member, we will ask for the some or all of the following information about you:
- your name,
- email address
- your address
- your telephone number
- Company/School Name & address
How we use this information:
- to enable you to enquire about and book courses via our website
- as a course provider; to enable you to add your courses to our website
- to display your username when you leave a Course Review
- to enable you to receive newsletters from us, which may include course information;
Your Personal Information will be passed to the School/college that you book a course with or make an enquiry with.
We may also disclose your Personal Information in the following instances: if we are required to do so by applicable law or under a court or similar order; as deemed necessary, in our discretion, to protect our legal rights or property or the legal rights or property of a Member or third party
Our website allows you to leave Course Reviews. These are open to the public and if you choose to include personally identifiable information in this area you are consenting to its unrestricted distribution on our website. In this case we cannot be responsible for the protection or security of such information and advise that you do not include it and if you do then you disclose all such information entirely at your own risk.
Do not disclose personal information about anyone else on course reviews, it isn’t allowed and we reserve the right to ban you from our website if you breach this rule.
At any time you can request a copy of the Personal Information that we hold on you. Send you request to firstname.lastname@example.org
If any information is incorrect we will aim to amend it within 48 hours of your request